Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Save the Date and Pavlos Quote or johnny cash meets john denver...

Save the Date!!!!
Out 6th annual Women's Retreat at St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church in Portland, OR is coming up next month!!! Go here for more information and to register. If you are from out of town and need a place to stay, let me know. We don't have a big home but we do have an extra bed, couch, and some floor space:)

This morning, on the way into school, we were listening to John Denver as Pavlos requested (he is right now really into John Denver and knows all the words to a number of his songs AND is not afraid to sing them out loud). Anyway, from the back of the van, I hear Pavlos singing Rocky Mountain High and this is his interpretation of a line in the song, "I've seen the ring of fire in the sky." Johnny Cash, meet John Denver:)

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Arg. I'm going to be in your neck of the woods that day, but for a Book Club meeting.

Next year.

Elizabeth said...

Oooohhhh! I'd forgotten that Pres. Stacey was going to try to bring him out for this! Dr. Muse came for our clergy couples' retreat and he was *amazing.* A different kind of speaker for the women's retreat--or maybe he'll speak differently than he did at the retreat? He was so good at getting to the heart of relationships and working on issues in our marriages. So good. I am so glad to hear him again! He was so good that I think it was concensus that we ask him to come every year for our clergy couples' retreat, so he could continue to work with us all without someone having to start from scratch again.

You can see how I'm gushing, can't you? Mimi, I think you should reconsider for this one.

Mimi said...

Oh, wonderful gushing. I so wish I could come (one quite strong call is tiropitas, definitely!). Do let me know what he said.