Saturday, April 12, 2008

Laundry drying in the sun...

At our old home, I had a clothesline. I loved my clothesline. And it was on a covered deck so I could even hang clothes outside when it was raining (or, at least, I wouldn't worry about the clothes when it started to rain).

Our new home has a small yard. And I have wanted a clothes line. So we bought a retractable clothesling that is attached to the house and pulls out to hook onto our wooden swing set/slide. Today is the first day that the weather has been beautiful enough (and I am at home... yesterday I was at work) for me to hang clothes on the line. Boy, it really feels like spring when you are hanging your clothes out to dry!

This makes me happy!

4 comments:

Xenia Kathryn said...

Oh yes, today was a perfect sun-drying day! I love clotheslines. I look forward to utilizing one (maybe your umbrella one?) this summer! Fresh, sun-dried clothes: simple pleasures :)

Mimi said...

Our dryer died last week, and I have to admit, it was a long slog to the new dryer day (Thursday)

But, then we don't have an outside line.

Enjoy, I love sheets dried outside. Sniff!

Susan said...

BLISS

Lauren S. said...

I don't have a line. I need one though! Sometimes I lay out/hang James's diapers on a playpen outside. The sun always does a wonderful job. :)