Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Anyone still reading this?

Just checking to see if anyone still checks out my siteJ Just kidding…
I haven’t posted because I guess I haven’t felt like there is anything to post. Obviously, there are always things to post, but my brain seems to have been fizzling out lately. Our biggest news is that we are expecting… that makes four of us at church, pregnant, at the same time. (and, actually, there was a new baby born two weeks ago so we had five at one time). We like to keep God busy watching over us, I guess. We are due April 5 and we are, of course, very excited. So now begins my many doctor visits and lab tests and ultrasounds. I forgot how tired being pregnant makes a person. That’s part of the reason for not posting any news (and I’m really only posting this because Katie posted that she’s pregnant on her blog).

Other than that… we are in our new home. Very exciting. We got rid of one care just in time for the gas prices to jump way up (Paul takes public transportation to work). Pavlos is three. My parents, my sister, and her two children (age 3 and 5) are all going to Greece in two weeks (I have to admit that I am a bit envious, but I know I will get back there someday… but I would love to go with them… we haven’t gone as a family in many, many years… actually, when I was 15 we went together, minus dad so we haven’t ever really gone as a whole family).

My grandmother has lived beyond what the doctors thought she would. She is not doing well, but she is still alive (and she may still be alive when my family goes to visit). It shows her strength of character. She has not had an easy life and because she has survived so much (poverty, famine, civil wars, dictatorship, etc.) her will to live is so strong and admirable. Although, I have to admit there were times when I was living in Greece that she drove me absolutely CRAZY like only a Greek yiayia can do.

My ten year college reunion is this weekend so we are heading to Walla Walla for Saturday to Sunday. This is going to be so clichéd, but… where has the time flown? I can’t believe it’s been ten years!!! It will be interesting and I am excited to show Paul and Pavlos Walla Walla and the Whitman College campus.

That’s all for now… here’s hoping that this rather disjointed post will lead to something more profound in the near future…

1 comment:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Ooooh, congratulations !!
Wonderful news :-)