Monday, December 19, 2005

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night...



So… sorry I haven’t posted in a while. This is our Christmas card picture and here are some updates:

1. We have so far raised $2800 for the family we built a home for through Project Mexico.
2. It was my birthday last Wednesday. We went out to dinner with my family, I got my first non-hand-me-down vacuum cleaner (thanks mom and dad), and Paul gave me a beautiful gold ring to wear on my left ring finger (we wear our wedding rings on our right ring finger).
3. We had our church Christmas program. I sat with the 3-4 year olds, on stage, to try to keep them quiet. They were pretty good… although I started out with five children and by the end of the play, only one was left (they all went to sit with their families).
4. It snowed yesterday and last night! Although it is now 35 and raining and the snow is melting away. But at least we have seen snow this year.
5. Our Basics in Orthodoxy classes are now online. You can listen to them at your leisure. Also, Paul just finished putting Mother Cassiana’s retreat online, too.
6. We saw Chronicles of Narnia. We both enjoyed it. We are hoping to see King Kong with my sister and brother in law while they are in town for the holidays.

That’s about all that has been going on. I will probably be too busy to write anything this week. My sister is in town with her children… we are going to go to the Zoo Lights and downtown to ride the train at Meier and Frank and Paul’s Christmas party is on Thursday night and there are presents to wrap and cookies to make and Artoklassia to bake (my name day is on Christmas Day). Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night:)

UPDATE: Bono and U2 are in Portland today. We are not going to the concert :( We tried to buy tickets back in April or May when they went on sale but the concert was sold out. And then when we did have another opportunity to buy tickets, we were in the process of buying our home and money was a tad tight. So... I guess I will just have to wait until they go on tour again (no fear of the band breaking up and they usually go on tour every 3-5 years). If you are going to the concert... have fun (my god-daughter is going along with a number of young adults from church). And I cannot be too sad about it because I have seen them in concert twice before:)

4 comments:

Xenia Kathryn said...

Christina,
What a cute picture! Yes, I can't believe my sis got to go to U2... I hope it was an unforgettable experience for her.

The kids did SUCH a great job in the Christmas program! I was beyond impressed. It was such a precious little, heartfelt production.

I'll be seeing you at church this week (on your Name's Day!). Til then, take care!

Mimi said...

What a wonderful photo, I love having a mental picture of your family!

Many years to you on your birthday!

I saw U2 for the first time in April, it was incredible.

I also saw Narnia yesterday!

Hugs!

Elizabeth said...

U2 was in the bay area *twice* in the last year, and we missed both of those, too. When I read that U2 was going to be in Portland, Hibi said "let's go!" and we said "sold out!" We are all big fans of U2 and Paul's the only one who has seen them in concert.

Narnia was a great movie! We all loved it.

We took an offering for the Project Mexico family on Sunday, too. Don't know how much came from Holy Trinity, but I'm sure we helped. :-)

Happy name day, Christina! Hope to meet you sometime soon. Oh, my kids are taking art classes in the same shopping center where St. John is. They absolutely love it.

Elizabeth said...

Oh, one more thing--I'm glad for the picture of you guys. Now if I see you I'll know it. :-) What a nice-looking family!