Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Good Samaritan...

The gospel reading for today was the Good Samaritan. Fr. pointed out at some point during theology 101 that Christ calls us to love our brothers. And who is/are our brothers? EVERYONE! I find that Christians (all Christians... Orthodox, Catholic, Protestant) can be very judgmental (including myself). And if we are truly loving our brothers, we would not be judging our brothers. I'm not a very good writer, so I'm not sure if I am conveying the AHA! moment I had today, but there it is...

I should love everyone because everyone is my brother. And I know that I have probably heard this a million times, but today I heard it not with my ears, but with my heart:)

So, in the end, it takes a million and one times for me to hear something before it actually sinks in...

The true test is to see if it stays in my heart...

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I think that's why we have reading so important such as the Good Samaritan more than once a year - because we *all* need the a-ha moment!

Thanks be to God!