Thursday, January 20, 2005

Out of town for the weekend

We are going to be out of town this weekend. We are going up to Tacoma, WA to say goodbye to our god-daughter (and her family). They are moving to the mid-west. Paul actually went to college with them at Michigan Tech (it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small, small world). Enough of the singing. We are going to truly miss these friends. They are shining stars of Orthodoxy and just plain old great conversationalists! Never a dull moment in their home. They inspired my husband to actually decide that it would be alright if we had children:) We are, of course, happy for them and sad at our own loss. God-willing, we will be able to get together with them because Paul's family lives in the mid-west (and one of Paul's potential clients might be in Pittsburgh... so who knows, God knows:)

That's been on my mind lately, friends leaving. We another family that will be leaving our church community. They have also been true friends to us (even to the point that when we were in Greece, we stayed with them). But they are not moving as far away and we know that we will see them. Lots of goodbyes to be said in the next few weeks.

Everything else is going well. I have pretty much decided to at least try the candle thing. I am going to continue to substitute teach (unless the candle thing really gets going) which is what I did today. A part of me loves it when teachers assign a movie for the class period, but a part of me also dreads it. Having to watch the Apollo 8 mission to the moon four times today really isn't that exciting (at least this movie was better than the '80's movie warning kids about the harms of using steroids). Pavlos is awesome. He loves to sing. His favorite song right now is you are my sunshine. Very cute. And Paul is doing well. He had his work review and they are recommending that he get a raise! I never thought that I would rejoice over money. But this gets us one step closer to being able to afford a home while keeping me (mostly) at home.

When I return (probably Monday or Tuesday), I will write up some thoughts on our missions and evangelism committee. We are members (the token cradles) of this committee and we have such wonderful discussions every time we meet! So I thought that I would write up some of the different discussions we have had (especially because I already have to type up the notes from the meetings... makes for a very convenient blog).

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: