Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Women's Retreat (and other things)...

I have emailed a few of you regarding our women's retreat (asking you to be a contact person for your parish so we can mail you a packet of flyers). Here is information about the retreat on our parish website. You can even register for the retreat online through paypal (and it's five dollars cheaper if you register early). If I did not email you and you would like to be a rep for your parish, please let me know... email me your address (cdblankenstein[at]homtal[dot]com) and I will get a packet in the mail to you. All you need to do is either put the information in your bulletin (monthly, weekly, etc.), post flyers in your church (where permissable), and/or pass flyers to interested women. We are very excited because this year we have Sr. Magdalen (author of Children in the Church Today and Conversations with Children) as our speaker.

Other news...
  • Happy Feast Day! It is our parish feast day today.
  • Pavlos and Petros are growing, growing, growing:)
  • Have seen many movies (V for Vendetta (Petros is currently sporting the bald Natalie Portman look), Everything is Illuminated (saw the movie then read the book, liked the movie and the book but this is one of those rare times that I am glad that I saw the movie before reading the book because there are quite a few differences between book and movie... book is actually stranger than the movie... loved the Ukrainian guy in the movie. He is premium:)... also finished reading the book about the Trapp Family Singers by Maria vonTrapp (you know, the Sound of Music family?!?!?) I enjoyed the book... interesting to read the real story behind the Sound of Music... also been watching snippets of Mary Poppins... this is Pavlos' favorite movie right now and he is constantly doing re-enactments of the movie (especially any of the song and dance numbers).
  • we are getting ready for Pavlos to go back to school and for Sunday School to begin. I feel like I am just going, going, going.
  • Keep Maria, my niece, in your prayers. She will be having surgery this Friday (she was born with cleft lip and palate... she has already had two surgeries in her four years but this one might be a little bit harder on her because she will know and remember what is happening (does this make sense). She does not remember her other surgeries.

I think that's all for now... hopefully, I will be a better blogger in the future:)

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Happy Feast Day (one day late) to your parish.

Yes, I'd love to attend - let me talk to Dawn and see if she can come as well.

And, prayers for Maria.

Anonymous said...

Mimi,
Christina has beaten you. Though I have to look at the dates to see if it is my weekend off. I loved V for Vendetta. I was also glad I saw Everything is Illuminated before reading the book. I liked the first half of the book, but some of it was just so strange for no reason at all. It didn't really make sense. But the Ukranian guy, yes, he is premium. :)